Highlights of Gujarat Govt EBC package
Gandhinagar : Gujarat government on Thursday announced major fee incentives in professional education and other benefits for deserving students.
Here the Highlights:
* Students who scored 90 percentile or more in class 12 exams and wish to pursue MBBS or dentistry will be given 50% fee deduction for five years if family has income less than Rs 4.50 lakh
* In same criteria, students pursuing professional courses like engineering, pharmacy, etc., will get 50% fee deduction or Rs 50,000 for four years if studying in self-financed colleges
* Class 12 and 10 students with 80 per cent and seeking to pursue diploma in technical colleges like civil, mechanical, automobile, etc., will get up to 50% fee deduction or Rs 25,000 in grant-aid or self-financed colleges, whichever is for less than 3 years
* Students seeking admission in post-graduate courses (after BA, BSc, BEd, etc.) are eligible for fee deduction of up to 15% or Rs 10,000 per annum in self-finance institutes for three years
* Five year age relaxation in all categories of state government jobs
* Number of seats at Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration to be increased from current 346 to 1,000
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel made these announcements in Gandhiangar in presence of invited representatives of various communities that are out of the quota reservation system.