Hotel Fire: 9 Injured, 3 Critical
On Saturday evening, in a major fire incident in Grand Bhagwati (TGB) hotel, nine persons were injured. Three of the injured are reported to be in critical position. There was major commotion at the hotel and neighboring areas following the fire.
During the busy hours, a fireball escaped and engulfed the kitchen. Most injured persons are cooks and their helpers. Officials said that they had to empty many patrons of the hotel as well as staff members from the ground floor for safety reasons.
Fire department officials said that injured had already been moved to the hospital by the time they reached the spot. They quench the flames still emitting from the gas pipe.
Rajesh Bhatt, additional chief fire officer said that fire broke out in the kitchen on ground floor of Grand Bhagwati Hotel due to leakage in the cooking gas pipeline. Mr. Bhatt said that “We cooled down the entire gas pipeline to avoid any further damage”
The victims have been admitted in Sterling Hospital. The critically injured persons are in ICU. One of the critically injured victims is Mahesh Thakor (49) who has suffered 80 percent burns while Ashik Kumar (21) has sustained 56 percent burns.
Doctors said all three persons who sustained harsh burns are critical and their condition is being closely monitored. The other injured persons include Krishikesh Umar (21), Premaram Meena (40), Shiv Kumar Mala (20), Naimish Pandya (35), Bolu Gurjar (29), Ram Roop (50), and Siddhant Survare (30).