Latest Updates: Akhilesh Yadav Reinstate Sacked Ministers; Softern His Stand
The Uttar Pradesh chief of the Samajwadi Party, Shivpal Yadav, seems to have won the latest round of conflict between him and his nephew, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, with the latter agreeing to reinstate his uncle and other ministers sacked on Sunday for their closeness with Amar Singh.
Shivpal told reporters in Lucknow that everything is fine now with the party. “Everything is fine. We will abide by what Neatji (supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav) says,” he said.
1. Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav meet Mulayam at his residence.
2. Sources say that Akhilesh has apparently agreed to softern his stand and reinstate the sacked ministers.
3. Ram Gopal Yadav said Mulayam claiming that Amar Singh saved the party supremo in difficult times is false and baseless.
4. Nameplate of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Gopal Yadav has been removed from Samajwadi Party office in Lucknow.
5. am Gopal, who is an Akhilesh loyalist, later said there is no Samajwadi Party without Akhilesh.
6. Ram Gopal attacked Amar Singh, calling him a “khota sikka”
Uttar Pradesh’s ruling Samajwadi Party was in turmoil on Monday as party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav publicly pulled up his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at a meeting which ended on a fiery note with sacked minister Shivpal Yadav calling Akhilesh a “liar”. However, softening of stances were seen as the day progressed.
The Shivpal and Akhilesh factions within the once united party came to blows ahead of the meeting called by Mulayam Singh, who made it clear that he would never let go either his brother Shivpal Yadav or long-time aide Amar Singh, who the Chief Minister cannot stand.
The Monday meeting was a desperate attempt by Mulayam Singh to stamp his authority on the Samajwadi Party ahead of crucial assembly elections early next year but it could not do away with the bitterness within.
Mulayam Singh described Shivpal Yadav as a political veteran “who can make people win and lose elections”. He told Akhilesh Yadav to stop day dreaming that he alone can lead the party to victory.
Mulayam Singh then told Akhilesh Yadav to come and hug his uncle Shivpal Yadav and bury the hatchet.
Akhilesh Yadav reluctantly hugged him and even touched Shivpal Yadav’s feet. Soon after that Mulayam Singh announced that Akhilesh Yadav will not be removed as the Chief Minister.