Vinai Kumar Saxena Wikipedia | Vinai Kumar Saxena Profile | Vinai Kumar Saxena Age | Vinai Kumar Saxena Career | Vinai Kumar Saxena Contact Detail
Vinai Kumar Saxena Wikipedia | Vinai Kumar Saxena Profile : Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena is the Chairman of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), an Organization under the Ministry of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprise, Govt. of India responsible for generating employment opportunities in rural areas through implementing Khadi & Village Industry programmes.
Around 1.37 crore persons are engaged in the sector and are producing varied KVI products with sales turnover exceeding Rs. 52000 crores.
President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday appointed Vinai Kumar Saxena as the new Lieutenant Governor of Delhi. Saxena will replace Anil Baijal, who resigned from the post last week. Vinai Kumar Saxena, in his latest role, served as the chairperson of Khadi and Village Industries Commission. He was appointed to the role in October 2015.
Vinai Kumar Saxena Age:
- age is 64 years
- Vinai Kumar Saxena is Born On 23 March 1958
Vinai Kumar Saxena profile:
- On 5th March 2021, the Government of India appointed Vinai Saxena as one of the Members of the National Committee to Commemorate the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence. This Committee is headed by the Hon’ble Prime Minister and comprises former President, former Prime Minister, Cabinet Minister, Governors, Chief Ministers and others as members.
- In November 2020, Vinai Saxena was nominated as a Member of the High Powered Padma Awards Selection Committee for the year 2021 by the Government of India. The Committee is responsible for scrutinizing the nominations received for Padma Awards.
- On 9th September 2020, Vinay Saxena was nominated a Member of the “Research Council” of Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) – Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology. Research Council is the topmost decision making body of the institute with the mandate of boosting bio-economy through sustainable utilization of Himalayan bio-resources and with the mission to discover, develop and commercialize processes and products from Himalayan bio-resources using cutting-edge science and technology.
- On March 18, 2019, the Hon’ble President of India, in his capacity as Visitor of the University, nominated Mr Saxena as a “Member of University Court” of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, for three years. This is the Highest Body of this Institution.
- From 2016 to 2020, Vinay Saxena is being nominated every year by the Hon’ble Prime Minister as one of the Members of the ‘Empowered Committee’ for evaluation of “Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration”. This High-Powered Committee is headed by the Cabinet Secretary and the other members are Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, CEO Niti Aayog and Secretary Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances.
Vinai Kumar Career:
Shri Saxena has brought in vibrancy and initiated a host of creative and bold marketing initiatives including involving the Corporates for marketing convergence and has been successful in signing MoUs with Raymond, Arvind, ABRFL, NIFT, Globus etc.
He also has canvassed aggressively for promotion of Khadi with Public Sectors and Govt. Departments and has managed to obtain bulk orders from Air India, ONGC, REC, PMO, Railways, Ministry of Health, Department of Postal and Telegraph etc.
He has also brought in e-governance into the Khadi sector and ushered in e-portals for distribution of subsidy both for the entrepreneur as well as Khadi institutions and artisans bringing in transparency and ease of implementation.
Opening up Khadi for sale through franchise and malls and retail chains has also been one of the major initiatives undertaken by him with close cooperation of Retailer Association of India and Khadi has already found its place in Khadi Korner at Globus, NOIDA, Chennai and Ahmedabad.
Khadi Korner is also being opened in Apna Bazars in the State and talks are on with Future Group, Shoppers Stop etc.
Shri Saxena has held important post of Director of the Dholer Port Project with JK Group and is also the Founder –President of the widely acclaimed NGO-NCCL (National Council for Civil Liberties) which established a formidable opposition for Medha Patkar of Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA), for the benefit of Adiwasis. NCCL has also carried out extensive relief work in the earthquake affected areas of Gujarat.
- In May 2008 “International Felicitation” by United National Decade of Sustainable Development (UNDESD), UNESCO, UNICEF, UNDP.
- In May 2007 won ‘Dubai International Award’.
- In July 2000 attended workshop on ‘Wise Coastal Practice for Sustainable Human Development and project by UNESCO.
- In April 2000 “Selected by the ‘Third World Network of Scientific Organization”, Italy as one of the four referees for evaluation of an important Joint Research Project.
Vinai Kumar Contact:
Shri. Vinai Kumar Saxena Chairman ;Delhi Office : Khadi & Village Industries Charge. 011-23724690. 011-23724693. 011-23724692