Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 Date | Puri rath yatra 2022 | : Ratha Yatra, also known as the Chariot Festival, is a major festival of Hindus that is held every year at Puri, Odisha.
The tradition of Jagannath Rath Yatra is very old with its description being found in old Purans and Samhitas. During the festival, procession of three chariots of Lord Jagannath, His brother Lord Balabhadra and sister Goddess Subhadra are carried out from the Jagannath temple to the Gundicha Temple making a stop at the Mausi Maa Temple.
Chariots of Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra are made and decorated in different styles same as the one followed for centuries and are carried by the priests. It is considered highly auspicious to pull the chariot and is therefore joined by large number of followers. In this article, important details related to Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 has been provided.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 Date
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 is celebrated on the second day of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Ashadha. According to the Gregorian calendar, this usually falls in the month of June or July every year. In the upcoming year 2022, the Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 will be carried on Friday, July 1. This day is observed as a gazetted holiday in the state of Odisha and all kind of institutions remain close.
Similar to Jagannath Rath Yatra, Kang Rath Yatra is celebrated in the state of Manipur. It is a 9-day long festival in which processions are carried out with a chariot housing the Meitei God Lainingthou Sanamahi. Although the history of Kang Rath Yatra is very old, it was stopped some 350+ years ago and was resumed recently in 2018.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 Celebration
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 observes devotees in large number who come from all over the world to be a part of this festival. A huge procession is carried out with drums clanging, devotional songs, dance performances going out all around. Let us know some more about the celebrations and festivities related to Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022.
रथयात्रा में सबसे आगे बलरामजी का रथ होता है
गौरतलब है कि रथयात्रा में सबसे आगे बलरामजी का रथ, उसके बाद बीच में देवी सुभद्रा का रथ और सबसे पीछे भगवान जगन्नाथ श्रीकृष्ण का रथ होता है। तीनों के रथ को खींचकर मौसी के घर यानी कि गुंडीचा मंदिर लाया जाता है जो कि जगन्नाथ मंदिर से करीब तीन किलोमीटर दूर है।
Procession of Lord Jagannath on Chariots- Rath Yatra
Chariots of Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra are lined up on the temple’s entrance called as Sinhadwara meaning the Lion’s Gate. Idols of the three gods are removed from the Jagannath Temple and placed on the respective chariots. The chariots proceed for the Gundicha temple drawn by priests and thousands of devotees. On the way, the chariots stop at the crematorium of Bhakta Salabega to pay tribute to him.
Once the chariots reach and return from the Gundicha Temple, it again stops at the Mausi Maa Temple (Aunt’s abode) where Lord Jagannath and other deities are offered a special type of pancake, called as Poda Pitha, considered to be the favorite food of Lord Jagannath. The chariots then come back to the Jagannath temple after a total stay of seven days. The procession of the three chariots from Jagannath temple to Gundicha temple is called pahandi.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 (Hera Panchami)
Hera Panchami is a ritual observed on the fifth day of Rath Yatra. During the Ratha Yatra, Lord Jagannath comes out His chariot along with His brother, sister and his divine weapon, and left His wife Mahalaxmi behind, making her very angry. The Goddess expresses her anger for the Lord. She comes out in a palanquin and threatens Lord to come back. To please his wife, Lord Jagannath offers her a garland of consent. Goddess Mahalaxmi returns to the main temple through the Nakachana gate. After certain time, she secretly escapes to her home temple via a path known as Hera Gohri Lane.
Making And Decorating of Chariots (Puri Rath Yatra 2022)
New chariots of Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra are designed every year with wood of specified trees like phassi, dhausa, etc and other material like decorative cloth pieces and flowers. The size of the three chariots vary and indicate a hierarchy between the three deities. Chariot of Lord Jagannath is called Nandighosh and it has 16 wheels. Chariot of His elder brother Lord Balabhadra is called Taladvaja, and has 14 wheels. Chariot of Subhadra is the smallest of the three and is called Padmadhvaja, with 12 wheels. When the chariot festival ens, these raths are dismantled and the woods are used as fuel in temple kitchens.
Rath Yatra 2022 Wishes Messages, Status & Quotes
- You can only be limited if you believe so. Involve in serving the Lord and you will find extending new heights every passing day.
- Dear devotee, may your hard efforts to serve the Lord and pull his chariot come off well. I truly hope you are showered with all that you need.
- The fun of Rath Yatra is the hot jallepis that are sold in every fair held in the city. Have a great Rath Yatra, stay blessed.
- May Lord Jagannath bless you in abundance and shower you with the virtue of truth. Happy Rath Yatra 2022 to all.
- On the occasion of Jagannath Rath Jatra, my special greetings to Lord Jagannath devotees across the world. Jai Jagannath!
- Warm greetings to the people on the occasion of Rath Yatra. We bow to Lord Jagannath on this auspicious day.Praying for the divine blessings of Lord Jagannath on the eve of annual Rath yatra festival 2022.
- I offer my prayers to Lord Jagannath on the occasion of Rath Yatra. Hope the auspicious event strengthens peace and goodness in society.
- With the blessings of Lord Jagannath, may our country scale new heights of growth. May every Indian be happy and prosperous. Jai Jagannath!
- We Wish You Lots Of Success, Love & Happiness. May Lord Jagannath bless you with peace, prosperity and happiness.
- Wishing friends Happy Rath Yatra 2022, the beautiful, colourful festival of chariots. Enjoy the celebrations.
- May Lord Jagannath bless you abundantly and fill your life with the virtue of truth. Happy Rath Yatra to all.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 wallpaper
Puri Jagannath Rath Yatra Photo Frames.
Puri Jagannath Rath Yatra Live Wallpapers HD.
Question 1: When Rath Yatra in 2022?
Answer: It will be organized on 1st July 2022.
Question 2: Where are the Jagannath Rath Yatra held every year
Answer: RATHA YATRA, the Festival of Chariots: Chariots of Shri Jagannath is celebrated every year at Puri, the temple town in Odisha.
Question 3: Which is the biggest chariot in the world?
Answer: Tiruvarur temple car holds its recognition as the largest temple car of the world.
Question 4: Who organizes Jagannath Rath Yatra?
Answer: The Jagannath Temple Puri, Odisha organizes Rath Yatra every year.